Do you want to factory reset iPhone without password? It doesn’t matter why you want to factory reset your precious iPhone (speeding up the device, making more space, etc.) and how you’ve lost your password (you forgot it, you’ve lost the notepad where you’ve written the password, etc.), you should know that there’s a way to resolve this issue. As a matter of fact, there are a few simple solutions that can help you factory reset iPhone without password and we will present the best of them in this guide.
We are well aware that there are different iPhone models out there, but we have created a list of solutions that can be applied to almost all new iPhone models. There’s a great chance that some of these solutions will work well in older iPhone too. Don’t let the fact that you’ve lost the password change your mind – you can still factory reset your smartphone.
A Simple Solution Like Hardware Keys Combo Can Help Users Factory Reset iPhone Without Password
Today, most of the functions on your iPhone can be accessed via touchscreen. There’s no doubt that this is an elegant and useful solution, but there is still need for hardware keys too. These keys can help you navigate the phone settings, but it turns out that they can help you factory reset your iPhone too. The good thing is that they can help you do this even when you don’t have the password. In other words, when the software component is not available to you, the hardware component will probably help you.
- Start by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time.
- Keep holding and if you are doing this in the right way, the iPhone will restart.
- You can release the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons once the Apple logo shows up on the main screen of your device.
- After that, just follow the procedure and you should be able to bring back your iPhone into its original state.
According to many experts, this is one of the simplest solutions you can use to conduct factory reset on your iPhone and the best part is that you don’t need a password to finish it. The only thing you need is working hardware keys and a few minutes of your time.
Relying On iTunes To Complete Factory Reset On Your iPhone When You Don’t Have The Password
As we have mentioned before, there are many reasons why people forget their iPhone passwords. Sometimes, they have lost the piece of paper where they have written the password. In other cases, they have deleted the file on their computer. Without a password, they can’t do many things on their smartphones including conducting factory reset in a regular way. But, if the regular method doesn’t work, you might want to use another method like using iTunes for example.
Before you start this process, you should check whether you have installed the latest version of iTunes. It’s also highly recommended to perform backup and save your existing data. Finally, turn off the activation lock and Find My iPhone. You can check the status of these features by visiting the Setting and iCloud sections on your phone. Now let’s see how the procedure goes.
- between your smartphone and the computer with the help of a cable.
- Sometimes, iTunes will ask you’re a passcode while in other cases it will ask you to “Trust the Computer”.
- Next, choose your iPhone device and visit Summary and Restore iPhone after that.
- The next step is to choose Restore. By doing this, iTunes will start the procedure and factory reset your iPhone.
- When the procedure is finished, it will install the newest iOS and restart the device.
Apparently, iTunes is good not only for getting the most from your iPhone, but also for situations where you have forgotten your passcode.
Settings Can Help You Factory Reset iPhone Even Without Password
Here’s another simple solution that should help in any situation. You can use it with different iPhone models, without a password and in situations where you want to save time and energy. Just follow our step-by-step guide.
- Start by making a back up of all your files and data. In this way, you will be able to bring back the data once the factory reset procedure is over.
- After that, you should visit Settings, followed by General and Reset and ending with Erase All Contents and Settings feature.
- There’s a great chance that the device will ask you for a passcode. You might have to enter a Restriction Password too. If you notice something like this, try another method.
- If the device doesn’t ask you for a password, you can proceed and select Erase iPhone. Wait for a few minutes for the device to restart.
- Next, visit Apps & Data on the main screen and choose Restore from iCloud.
- Choose the iCloud backup that you want to use and wait for a while.
Don’t forget that this method will work only if the iPhone user has turned Find My iPhone setting on and only if the iCloud and iOS devices were synchronized before the procedure has started.
Finishing The Factory Reset Process On iPhone Without Password With The Help Of FoneDog Toolkit
The list of methods that can help you factory reset iPhone without password continues with FoneDog Toolkit. This is obviously a third-party software solution. The good thing about it is that you don’t have to use iCloud or iTunes to finish the job. This is a recovery program that can help you with other issues too.
We should also mention that FoneDog Toolkit is compatible with all iOS devices including iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8. You can use it to factory reset iPhone without password, fix crashing and freezing as well as iTunes errors. Remember that you can save your data in the process if you want to. You don’t need special training to use FoneDog Toolkit. This is a user-friendly app that can help you conduct this process without any hassles.
- Download and launch FoneDog Toolkit.
- Start to find out your iPhone issues.
- Choose the suitable firmware package and select Repair.
- Wait a few minutes for the app to complete the system recovery process.
- Your phone should work as good as a new one.
This is one of the simplest and most effective solutions to factory reset your iPhone.
You Can Use Tenorshare ReiBoot To Factory Reset iPhone Too
In case your iPhone is unresponsive because you’ve used too many wrong passcode attempts or you simply don’t remember your password and you want to factory reset it, then you can rely on Tenorshare ReiBoot too.
- To start this procedure, establish a connection between your iPhone and your computer. After that, open the Tenorshare program.
- You should select the Start button after that. This button is located on the main screen of this app.
- Next, you will probably have to download and install the newest firmware for your iPhone.
- Once the firmware is downloaded, Tenorshare ReiBoot will begin with the password removal process. When the password is successfully removed, your device will be restarted.
- If everything went as planned, you will get a Hello message on the main screen. This means that your iPhone is in its initial factory condition.
With the help of Tenorshare ReiBoot program, you will start a step by step process that’s explained in detail. Even if you are a complete beginner, you won’t have any problems finishing the procedure.
Of course, you can also use iCloud to factory reset locked iPhone. But, how can you do this if you don’t know your iCloud password? The answer to this intriguing question is simple – you have to use a third-party software solution like iCL0udin for example. Remember that you need this software to bypass the lock and complete the factory reset process after that.
- First and foremost, you have to check whether Find My iPhone feature is off. If it’s on, simply disable it.
- After that, download and install the Bypass iCloud Activation Lock Tool directly to the computer.
- The next step is to activate the program and establish a connection between your computer (PC or Mac) and your iPhone. Use a USB cable to conduct this procedure.
- Put the iPhone in DFU mode and use the Start button.
- If you’ve done everything in the right way, you will see a list of modules. Choose the right model and select Next.
- It takes no more than 30 minutes for the program to finish this procedure.
Using Recovery Mode To Factory Reset Locked iPhone
Let’s be clear – a locked iPhone is practically useless iPhone because users can access any of the features that make this device so great. What’s good is that there are ways to reset locked iPhone even without password and using Recovery Mode is one of them. This is actually one of the most used methods to reset these devices. Accessing this mode is very easy and users don’t need special knowledge or experience to get things done in this way.
- To start with, you have to download and install the newest iTunes on Mac or PC with Windows OS.
- Once you finish this step, you will have to activate the program and establish a connection between the computer and iPhone with the help of a USB cable.
- If you want to reset a locked iPhone in Recovery Mode, you will have to press the Home button and wait until you connect the device to the computer with the USB cable. In case you are doing this as instructed, you should find the iTunes logo on the main screen. This is a confirmation that your device has entered the Recovery Mode.
- At this point, iTunes will identify the locked iPhone in Recovery Mode and show a message on the main screen. Simply choose Restore and this task is finished.
Remember that when your iPhone needs a factory reset and you don’t have the password, there is more than one legitimate way to do this. In our guide, we have shared a few options that can help you.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get more from our contributors at iPhone Screen Repairs to deal with your smart phones.