So, you have bought an Android device and you want to find out how to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android? Or maybe you are a proud owner of two smartphones both an iPhone and an Android device and you want to transfer contacts between them? It doesn’t matter in which category of Android users you belong, we can all agree that the contacts saved on our mobile devices are very important. Many people have forgotten, but the basic purpose of a smartphone is to help users get in touch with other smartphone users by making and receiving calls.
iPhone and Android-based smartphones are two different devices that have a lot of things in common. What’s great is that even when you are switching to Android, you can still transfer the contacts without typing them manually. The best part is that you can do this in more than one way. We will use this guide to reveal some of the methods that can help you.
Using your Google account to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android
This has to be one of the most convenient ways to complete a procedure like this. It turns out that your Google account can be quite useful for this purpose. As you know, you can add your G account to both iPhone and Android and you can use this account to synchronize all your contacts too. So, when you are setting up your new Android smartphone, you can log in with the same Google account and finish this process automatically. If you are still not sure how to do this, follow these simple steps.
- Start by unlocking your iPhone. Visit the Settings section, go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then visit Add Account. Choose Google.
- After that, log in with your unique Google account and allow your device to access Gmail data.
- Next, get back to the Google account and turn the sync option for Contacts on.
- Wait until the synchronization is finished and that’s it.
Relying on iCloud to move contacts between iPhone and Android
Just like in many other cases, iCloud can be helpful when you want to conduct a transfer of this type. Simply synchronize your iPhone contacts with iCloud and export them in the form of a VCF file. You can import the vCard to Google Contacts in this way. Some users might say that this option is not easy, but once we elaborate on the approach, you should be able to finish it without any problems.
- Prior to the transfer, sync all your iPhone contact with iCloud. Simply visit the iCloud settings tab and enable sync for Contacts.
- If you’ve finished the first step, you will have an opportunity to access the contacts remotely. To do this, visit iCloud.com and use your unique Apple ID.
- Once you are logged in, select the Contacts option directly from the main screen.
- In this way, you will get a list of all the synchronized contacts stored on your iPhone. Choose the ones that you w3ant to transfer to Android. In case you want to move them all, select the gear icon located at the lower right corner.
- If you’ve done everything in the right way, you should visit the settings one more time and select Export vCard. In this way, you will save the file where you can find all the contacts.
- Continue by visiting Gmail and logging in with your username and password. Choose the Contacts option. Remember that you can visit the Google Contacts website too.
- After that, select to Import a file. Obviously, you should choose the vCard option and find the saved VCF file that you have received via iCloud.
- When the contacts are imported to the Google account, you can use your Android device to access and use them.
Moving each contact with text or email – the easy way
The list of options to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android continues with another interesting method that works. This is the perfect solution in case you want to move a small number of contacts. Follow these quick steps to finish the procedure.
- First and foremost, open the contacts section found in your iPhone.
- You will notice a list of contacts. Select the ones (or just one) that you want to move from iPhone to your Android device.
- Lastly, swipe down to complete that procedure via text or email.
This is a good option for people that don’t have dozens of contacts to transfer. If you have many contacts to move, then you should choose other solutions presented in this article.
Transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android with iTunes
In case you have some experience with iTunes, you should feel free to use this app to move contacts from your iPhone to your Android device. Back in the days, iTunes has an option to synchronize contacts with Windows, Outlook and Google accounts. However, the sync option for Google has been removed not while ago. So, in order to make this solution work, you will have to synchronize your contacts with your Windows account first. After that, you can export these contacts into a vCard. As you can see, this option is not that easy, but if you are a fan of iTunes and you think that the rest of the options revealed here don’t suit you, then give this solution a try.
- To start with, download and activate the newest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Establish a connection between your computer and iPhone with the help of a USB cable.
- Choose the connected device and visit the Info tab. Turn on the Sync Contacts feature and select to sync these contacts with Windows Contacts. Don’t forget to select sync All Contacts before you go on and select the Apply button.
- If you’ve followed the instructions, your iPhone contacts should be synced to the Windows account. Feel free to disconnect your iPhone. After that, visit Accounts and Contacts and choose the Export button.
- Select to export the contacts directly to a vCard and choose the location to save the file.
- Lastly, users can copy the VCF file manually to the Android device. You can also import the file to Google Contacts.
Using Bluetooth technology to transfer contacts from your iPhone to Android
Here’s another method that you can use when you don’t have too many contacts to transfer to your new Android smartphone. Bluetooth technology is found in almost every smartphone today which means that there’s no need to use an additional app to complete the procedure. Remember that this method is not recommended if you have many contacts that you want to transfer and if security is your primary concern. But, if these things are not a problem, then you can easily transfer contacts.
- First and foremost, enable Bluetooth on the iPhone via Control Center. It’s possible to turn it on by visiting Setting and turning on the Bluetooth option manually.
- You should do the same on your Android device. Go to Settings or visit the Notification panel and turn on Bluetooth. Of course, both your iPhone and Android must be close to each other (in the same room).
- Establish a connection between the devices and use a passcode for that session.
- When the connection is established, visit the Contacts app on the phone and choose the contacts that you want to transfer. Once you are ready, select the Share feature and select the connected target smartphone.
- On your Android smartphone, you’ll get a notification about the incoming data. Accept the data and import the contacts.
Is it possible to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android without using a computer?
The simple answer to this frequently asked question is yes. As a matter of fact, at least one of the methods we have shared in this guide so far doesn’t involve a computer (the Bluetooth method). However, there are other options that you can use to finish a task like this. One of them is to download and launch one of the many apps designed for activities like this. Remember that this application has to be available to both iPhone and Android users. Stick to apps that have many positive reviews and apps made by reputable developers. The fact is that every app has a specific appearance and modus operandi, but all of them include these steps that help users transfer contacts:
- You should start by downloading and opening the app on your iPhone. Allow the application to gather information about your contacts.
- The application you’ve launched should be able to recognize all the contacts on your device and ask you whether it should save the contacts on its unique server or send them via email.
- If you choose the later, the app will send the contacts to your Gmail account in the form of a VCF file. You can download and synchronize that file on your Android device at any time.
- In addition, you can transfer the contacts to the app’s server.
- Regardless of the choice you’ve made, you must install the application on your Android device too.
- The last step is to activate the app on your Android and select Restore your contacts via vCard.
We hope that this guide will help you find the most suitable way to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android.